22 May 2009

Atheists, yawn

I just read an Op-Ed from the Los Angeles Times by P.Z. Myers called "Why is Charlotte Allen so mad at atheists?".

I can't answer as to why Charlotte is mad at atheists, but I can share why I am mad at atheists: they don't have all the answers.

I will tell you about my experience meeting atheists. It is always the same arguments. The best way for me to convey this is to make a list of these boring, redundant arguments:

1. God doesn't exist because the world is older than 6000 years...
2. God doesn't exist because he wouldn't allow this suffering...
3. God doesn't exist because there's no evidence of his existence...
4. God doesn't exist because of all the various religions and their non-consensus...
5. God doesn't exist because [insert evolutionary science]...
6. God doesn't exist because [insert morality argument]...

Yawn.

Yawn. Yawn. Yawn. Yawn. Yawn.

I'm religious. I believe in the existence of God, wholeheartedly. Do you think I have not asked myself EVERY SINGLE question you write about, speak about, and think about? It's very insulting that you think I haven't.

I do not have the time to write out my answers, but my is this: Stop sitting on your high horse acting like you have this bag of "doozies" to stump the "believers".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you think you have all the answers just because you're a "believer" in whatever was preached to you?

No one has all the answers, some just have better reasonings.

rich said...

The most important thing is that I have answers. I am just flabbergasted when atheists think that I, a believer, have not asked myself each question they do about the existence of God.

It is just insulting how atheists treat religious people as non-serious thinkers. You may not think I have the best answers but many atheists believe they have these dumb-founding questions that no one religious can answer. To that I say "Boring"