22 August 2007

September Dawn, what will this do to the LDS Church?

Film Review of September Dawn

I just watched the trailer for September Dawn. It encapsulated what I expected: idiotic. I applaud the PBS documentary "The Mormons" for its fair and introspective look at what Mormonism is about, but I'm flabbergasted by September Dawn for completely ignoring compotent historical facts.

The movie claims to reveal the truth about the Mountain Meadows Massacre that has been hidden... UNTIL NOW. Oh really? So completely ignore the academic research done on this historical event and listen to a small production company from Canada.

This is an exerpt of the linked review of the movie, "If only it had been that easy to escape September Dawn's steaming pile of historical tar-and-feathering. Cain doesn't even pretend to try to make the Mormons human; here, they're homesteading Nazis. His operatic nonsense accomplishes something I don't think he intended: By treating the Mormons with such laughable contempt, he actually made me feel sorry for them."

No comments: