04 June 2009

President Obama "CNN...MSNBC... It is like watching the WWF"

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant. I think he says something like, "You know, all these guys have roles to play. It's like watching the WWF."

You know what... how correct. How useless is Cable News? Well, maybe they are not so useless when they do something like this... [edit] I don't like the look of the video here so I am just putting the text of the transaction I'm talking about:
During the first part of NBC's "Inside the Obama White House," Brian Williams asked Obama if he watches cable news debates about him. (TVNewser caught the exchange).

I generally don't. Mainly because I don't find most of the cable chatter very persuasive. I've used this analogy before, it feels like WWF wrestling. Everybody's got their role to play. I know a lot of these guys. And if Pat Buchanan is having a conversation with Chris Matthews or talking to Keith Olbermann, everybody's got their set pieces and, so, I don't feel as if I'm learning anything from the debate.

2 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

I have such a crush on that man. Such a crush.

rich said...

Emma... I know. I have a huge crush on Obama. He is exceeding my expectations in office.