20 June 2007

Bush Vetoes Stem Cell Bill

Bush Vetoes Stem Cell Bill - New York Times

“I will not allow our nation to cross this moral line,” Mr. Bush said, exercising the third veto of his presidency.

This is the second time Bush has vetoed Stem Cell Research. The thing that frustrates me about Stem Cell Research is that most Americans support stem cell research. Bush's veto is undemocratic. He represents the religious right and frankly I can't wait till he's out of office.

And honestly, let's say if stem cell research found a cure to cancer, I seriously, seriously doubt that the religious right will take a firm stance against the treatment.

I truly believe that stem cell research should be treated as a completely different case than abortion, not that I have similar feelings as the religious right have on this matter (abortion) either.

No comments: